In this guide we’ll go over how to get your Giant Board up and running! The steps to get up and running are simple. For this guide you’ll need a microSD that is at least 1GB in size and a program called BalenaEtcher. Using BalenaEtcher is one of the easiest ways to write device images to a microSD card. BalenaEtcher is supported on Linux, macOS, and Windows 10.
1. Download Balena Etcher at this link https://www.balena.io/etcher/.
2. The next step will be to download an image that will be written to your microSD card. You can download a Giant Board device image from the link below. downloads.groboards.com/
3. Once you have the Balena Etcher installed and the device image downloaded, you may now open Balena Etcher and insert your microSD into your computers media slot, or a USB media reader/writer.
4. After you have Balena Etcher open you first want to click on the select images button.
5. You then want to navigate to your downloads or where ever you chose to save your image and select the disc image file or ZIP file. The image doesn’t need to be extracted for it to be written.
6. In the next step, pay close attention. You will now need to select which drive to write your new image too. Please double check that you have a green check next to the correct drive! Once you’ve done that, you can click continue and move onto the next step.
7. We’re now ready to flash your new device image to you drive! Check over the names of the image and drive to make sure they are still the same as the ones you selected. Once you’re sure, hit the flash button and wait for the process to complete. Balena Etcher will first write the image to the drive and then verify it afterwards. This may take several minutes to complete.
Woohoo! You did it! Now you can remove the drive from your computer and put your newly flashed microSD into your Giant Board, and continue on to using it!